Monday, August 31, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
- I survived my first week of school. Actually there was nothing to survive, because my kids were amazing. It was seriously the best first week of school I have had in my 3 years of teaching. My kids are precious. I'm so excited for this year. It is a complete change from last year.
- I'm really ready for fall to be here. Today a cool front blew in, and the 86 degree weather was much more bearable at recess than the 90/100 degree weather we have been having.
- Also, I'm kind of ready for football season. I'm getting sick of Rangers games being on in our house. I'm ready for a new sport.
- It's almost birthday season here!!! September brings quite a few birthdays in our family. My older brother is on the 14th, Matt's Dad's birthday is on the 16th, me and my little brother are on the 20th (yes, we have the same birthday), and Matt's birthday is the 29th. Whew!!
- We booked our hotel for our one year anniversary trip to San Antonio in October. I'm so excited to spend a long weekend away from home with my hubby!!
- I just found out today that a good family friend of our (and the grandmother of one of my students) has cancer. I really hate cancer. Why does it have to exist?
- I have jury duty in October. I actually had it on the 2nd day of school, but I got it postponed. I have no idea what to expect. I have never done it.
- I can't wait for the new season of The Biggest Loser to start on September 15th. I just watched a preview and Daniel from the Orange Team is back. I follow Jillian and Bob on Twitter (I know, I'm a dork), and they have both said it's going to be a great season!!!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
I want to do a better job this year of writing down all the funny things that my kids say at school. Kids really do say the darndest things. Every now and then I plan on posting a few of my little "Kindergarten Funnies" on my blog so I can go back and remember them.
- Ham and Cheese Sandwich OR
- Chicken Nuggets
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
So we ended up having absolutely nothing on my "Meal Planning Monday" list from this week. I had no time to get to the grocery store and I think the earliest I got home this week was five o'clock. We ended up eating some leftovers, Taco Delight eating at my parents house one night, a frozen pizza, Pei Wei and chili cheese wraps. REALLY HEALTHY HUH??
Monday, August 17, 2009
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Well, I had my first bad dream about school last night.