Monday, October 26, 2015

a fancy smancy date night

On Saturday, Matt and I were invited to a special event for the hospital he works for here in Tyler. Trinity Mother Frances was celebrating their 20th anniversary since the merge of Trinity Clinics and Mother Frances Hospital.  
 It was a really fun evening.  It was black tie optional, so we got to dress up fancy!  They had lots of yummy hors d'oeuvres like stuffed mushroom, bacon wrapped dates, shrimp cocktail and more.  For dinner we enjoyed pork and beef tenderloin, iceberg wedge salad, roasted root vegetables, gouda mac n cheese, and mashed potato martinis.  It was all so incredibly good.  And the best part was eating it all without having to cut food for little ones!!!  The boys were back home enjoying pizza with the babysitter. 

**On a side note:  Our babysitter is from my hometown.  I used to teach with her Mom.  They moved to Tyler four years ago when her Dad accepted a position as the principal of the High School Pearson will go to here.  They are a sweet family, so it was so nice for us to be able to get a babysitter and know her family and know she is a good girl!!  
We got to enjoy the evening with some of our good friends, The Reinhardts.  Matt knows both Amber and Jason from college.  Jason was the reason Matt even applied for his current job.  It was nice having some friends at the evening's event since I didn't know too many other people.  

I really didn't know what to expect at an event where I wouldn't really know anyone, but I really had a great time.  There was a nice program at the party, so I was able to learn a little history about the hospital.  There was a band that played some really great music, and of course the food was amazing, and the open bar wasn't bad either!!  

I'm proud of the hospital that my husband works at and I look forward to his bright future working at Trinity Mother Frances.  

0 comments: