Tuesday, October 27, 2015

a spooky lunch

I am definitely not a bento box lunch creating Mama.  There are so many cute little lunch ideas for kids on Pinterest, but I just stick with a good or PBJ or Turkey Cheese and Cracker and then throw in all their favorites……..apple sauce, cheese-its, fruit, etc.  They eat it all up so quick and I don't think my boys would really appreciate the time and effort it takes to make cute lunches.  

However, I had seen a lot of super cute ideas on Pinterest for Halloween lunches so I decided to pack a special spooky lunch for the boys today!! It really was so easy to put together and I loved that it was all stuff I already had or stuff I know they will eat! 
Mummy Juice boxes (used bandage tape)
Mummy Dog
Jack-O-Lantern Cutie
Cheese Stick Ghost
Apple Teeth
Frankenstein Applesauce
This was an original idea of mine!! 
I alway put a squeezy pouch in the boys lunches.  When I threw it in I realized the cap looked a lot like the neck bolts on Frankenstein.  To get another one on the other side, I gave the boys an applesauce for snack and saved the top.  I hot glued the top to a puff ball, then I hot glued the puff ball into the bottom part of the applesauce.  I just cut out a green piece of paper the size of the applesauce then decorated him with a permanent marker and google eyes!! I love how he turned out!!
 Rice Crispy Treat with sprinkles on top
 When I picked up Pearson from school, he asked if he could have an even spookier lunch for Thursday.  I just love that he loved it!!!
 Nash couldn't tell me that he loved it, but I know that he did, because he didn't come home with even a crumb in his lunch box.  He loves to eat……it doesn't matter what it looks like!!
 It's so fun being these boy's Mama!!
Thanks for their cute Frankenstein shirts, Lolly!!

1 comments:

Erica Ladwig said...

This is super cute! Those are so easy that even I could do them! :) Glad you are back to blogging too, can't wait to hear more about life in Tyler.