Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday? {October 2015}



What we're eating:
You can see our whole meal plan here, but I am trying a few new recipes from a Pioneer Woman episode Pearson and I watched.  It was a called "16 Minute Meals: Cowboy Style".  I am trying all three of her recipes from the episode this week…….Tex-Mex Fried Rice, Cowboy Chopped Salad, & Smothered Pork Chops.

What I'm reminiscing about:
With Halloween this weekend, I have been thinking of all of our past halloween costumes.  I just love coming up with their costumes each year!!

2011
Pearson- 4 months
2012
Pearson- 16 months
2013
Pearson- 2 years 4 month
 2014
Pearson- 3 years 4 months
Nash- 8 months

What I'm loving:
I'm loving the spooky little lunch I packed for Pearson and Nash!  
I blogged all the details here.  I had so much fun making this lunch that I think I have decided to pack a fun holiday themed lunch for each holiday.  I'm already looking for Thanksgiving ideas on Pinterest!!

What we've been up to:
Learning lots of scripture at AWANAS.
 Learning how to ride Bubba's scooter.  
 Going on walks to the park with friends.
 Picking out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch.
 Subbing at the boys school.
 Church hopping and trying to find a new church.
 Hanging out on the patio at Fresh with some MOPS gals. 
 Playing Let's Make a Deal at a MOPS meeting.
 Having playdates with friends.  
 Getting a trophy for an awesome season of soccer!
 Eating all the dip-dip!
 Going on a fancy smancy date night with my hot hubby!
Celebrating my Dad's 59th birthday with the whole fam!
Grocery shopping in our favorite car carts at Brookeshire's.  
 Eating pizza at Bruno's with our friends!!

What I'm dreading:



What I'm working on:
Our Christmas Cards!
I bought a deal on Groupon, now I just need to get them made.  I have to get mine our really early this year to let everyone know our new address.  We didn't send out Change of Address cards because of our crazy summer with my Dad, so if I don't get mine out early we won't get any cards in return.  

What I'm excited about:
 I'm so excited about the boys costumes this year!  We are going to our first Halloween event today.  We have a MOPS playdate.  We are going on a pumpkin hunt!! I'll post more pictures of the boys in their costumes this afternoon!

What I'm watching:
Matt and I watch Survivor and Modern Family on Wednesday nights together. 
Other than Nashville, that's really all the TV I am watching.  I have really cut back on my TV time this year.  I can't wait for the new Fixer Upper season to start on December 1st.

What I'm reading:
I checked out It Starts With Food from our from the library a few weeks ago.  I haven't read much, but what I have read has been very good.  I've been contemplating about doing a Whole30.  I have gained some weight since moving to Tyler and have just been feeling plain yucky.  I need to do something about it right now, but I will probably be one of the cliche persons that just starts in January.  It's way to hard to go on a diet during the holidays.  Whole30 is basically just a really strict Paleo diet.  I'm just going to do my best to eat more paleo-like for the rest of the year so hopefully the Whole30 won't be so hard in January.

What I'm listening to:
My boys have been playing so well together lately.  I just love hearing all these giggles!! 

What I'm wearing:
Technically I am not wearing them yet, but I can't wait to wear my new boots that Matt got me for my birthday when it finally cools down.  
What I'm doing this weekend:
We have a pretty low key weekend planned which I am really looking forward to.  All we have planned is Trick-or-Treating on Saturday (if it doesn't rain) and church and AWANAS on Sunday.  This past weekend was crazy busy with a soccer trophy presentation and a Trinity Mother Frances event on Saturday, then a day trip to Dallas for Ethan's birthday party and to have birthday lunch with all my family for my Dad.  So like I said, I'm looking forward to a low key weekend. 

What I'm looking forward to:
Finally feeling settled and at home in Tyler.  In my head I had that this would take 6 months, but we are nearing 6 months here in Tyler and it just doesn't feel like home yet.  I still have lots of decorating to do, we still need to find a church, and I'm longing for the deep relationships like we had back home.  I know it will come in time, but I'm really looking forward to the day Tyler feels like home.  

What else is new:
The boys are starting a new preschool next month.  The one I had them at just wasn't a good fit for us.  Pearson will still be going to preschool two days a week, Tuesday/Thursday from 9:30-1pm.  Nash will be at a different church going to a Mother's Day Out program only on Thursday from 9-2.  I'm kind of excited about have Tuesday with my baby boy and a special hour together with Pearson on Thursdays.  

Question of the Month:
What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe?
My grandma's candied sweet potatoes.  It's just boiled sweet potatoes cut up , 1 cup of sugar, and 1 stick of margarine and baked at 350 until they are candied.  I've made them before, but they weren't anywhere near as good as my grandma's.  She has a magic trick I must not know about!

If you're new to the blog thanks for stopping by! You can follow along daily on Instagram!

3 comments:

Erica Ladwig said...

I have those same boots and LOVE them! Just curious, with Pearson having a summer birthday, are you going to send him to Kinder next year or hold him back? I always like to hear teacher's opinions. :)

Queen of Everything said...

I bought those boots last year but have not had a chance to wear mine this year. I am waiting for the weather to finally cool off!

Blogger said...

Are You Having Problems STICKING with the Paleo Diet?

Do you want to munch on healthy tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

Check out this book: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.