Tuesday, June 30, 2009

a delicious dinner

I have to brag about my dinner last night. I thought it was absolutely delicious!!
On the menu:
Swiss Stuffing Chicken
Green Beans cooked w/ Bacon
Sister Schubert Rolls
Tea

I got the recipe for the Swiss Stuffing Chicken from Kelly's Korner Blog.

4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 oz. Swiss cheese slices
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup white cooking wine
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken-flavored crushed up stuffing mix (I use the off brand)
1/2 stick butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place uncooked chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt, pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 1 hour. (I used chicken breasts that I had pounded and froze, so I only cooked mine for about 40 minutes.)

Oh, and if you have never had Sister Schubert's homemade rolls, you are missing out. I have seen them at Sam's, Kroger and Albertson. Go buy some, your life will be forever changed!!

5 comments:

The Mosiers said...

We love Sister Schubert rolls at the Mosier home! Yum!

Grannalisa said...

Yummy!! That sounds really good. Thanks for the birthday greeting. I'll stop stalking and leave a comment now and then. Love you blog!
Later - Britni's mom

fancyashstyle said...

I'm going to have to make that, it looks super yummy, I love chicken dishes. Hopefully your brother will like it too HE IS SO PICKY!!!!

Lolly said...

MMMmmm I want some of that too!

Lauren said...

Hey Katy! Glad you found my blog. I love this recipe as well- it is always a big hit. And Sister Schuberts are the best! especially the sausage wrap rolls- we always have those on Christmas morning! :) Hope you enjoy your summer!