Thursday, June 25, 2009

lactose intolerant

Matt and I have been working 5th and 6th grade VBX (Vacation Bible X-treme) at our church this week. We have had a lot of fun with the kids. It is so different from working with my little Kindergartners. Matt and I have both said we really don't remember what we were like when we were in 5th and 6th grade. (But we are pretty sure we didn't act like some of the kids we are working with!!)

One thing that is the same about my Kindergartners and these 5th and 6th graders is that you can always walk away with a funny story.

Here's my conversation with a 5th grade girl last night......

(Let me preface this story by saying that the girl that I'm talking with has been very involved all week and has told me multiple time that she is having lots of fun.)

We all go get our snack. Everyone grabs some of these fruit snacks.....

....and a soda. But this little girl opts for a water.


Girl: This week stinks.
Me: Oh why, I'm having so much fun a VBX
Girl: Oh it's not that. I have just been having some stomach problems.
Me: That does kind of stink.
Girl: My doctor told me to not eat sweets or drink sodas. So basically I'm lactose intolerant.

2 comments:

fancyashstyle said...

I think you have a REAL smart one in your class!

bmullen said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!