Friday, February 25, 2011

woody for president??


This past week, we've been learning about presidents.  Today I did a writing activity where my kids had to complete the sentence "If I were the president of the United States, I would......."

One of my little guys wrote that he would "rule the world" and drew a picture that suspiciously looked just like Woody and Bulleye.  I asked him who it was and this is how our conversation went.....

Me: So who is that in your picture?
Student:  Oh that's Teddybell Rosabell
Me:  Do you mean Teddy Roosevelt?
Student: No, it's Teddybell Rosabell and his horse, but I don't know his horses name.
Me: So who exactly is Teddybell Rosabell?
Student:  He's the 56th president.
Me:  Wow, how many presidents have we had?
Student: Something like 1,000.
Me: So who is the president now?
Student: Arock Obama
Me: WOW, you are so smart!!

I couldn't stop laughing about what this little guy had told me, so I went to tell the teacher across the hall.   She laughed so hard and then showed me what one of her little girls wrote in her journal.  She had written....

"Bark Obama is our president."

Oh 5 year olds!!! They are so funny!!

0 comments: