Tuesday, January 22, 2013

greek yogurt

Greek yogurt is the thing these days, and Pearson has definitely hopped on the bandwagon. 
He is a true toddler though and loves a food one day and then won't touch it the next day.  However, I can always count on him to eat some Greek Yogurt.  He LOVES it!!
 I love that it is so healthy for him.  It has half the amount of sugar in it than regular yogurt and twice as much protein.  
My favorite thing about it though is that it's so thick and creamy.  It makes it really easy for him to feed himself with a spoon and it's not near as "drippy" as regular yogurt.  Obviously, he still knows how to make a mess with it, but it's not anywhere near as messy as regular yogurt.
Now if only I get myself to hop on the Greek Yogurt bandwagon.  I'm still learning to like the texture. It's just so different and I haven't quite found the brand and flavor I like best.  

11 comments:

Leah PS said...

fage with the fruit on the side. i really like blueberry. yum!

Unknown said...

Chobani is really good. I just can't have it with Sugar Buster diet. Still too much sugar.

Brandi Gail said...

Yes, I would say Chobani or Fage! I have been on the bandwagon too! :)

Never Enough Food said...

My son LOVES Greek yogurt. I mix granola with it to fill him up more. I on the other hand can't stand the smell of it.

Julie said...

I really like Oikos greek yogurt honey flavor. It sounds weird, but it's really good. So far, that's the only kind of greek yogurt I can make myself eat. It's also a great substitute for mayo, so I'll use it in chicken salads sometimes and it makes it extra tart and sweet all at the same time!

Christine said...

I started giving Naomi greek yogurt for some of the same reasons - especially the easier to feed herself part. :)

The Fenner's said...

We still buy full fat greek yogurt for Dylan, I really like the Greek God's brand. It's cheaper and I can always find the full fat, instead of the lowfat!:) I think it's a little thinner than Fage and Chobani, so maybe that would be a brand you would like!:)

Lindsay said...

the Dannon Oikos fruit on the bottom is awesome! my favorite is black cherry.

Christina said...

I have tried sooo many different brands. I always liked the chobani honey flavored, but I have now fallen in love with Greek gods strawberry and honey. It is delish and L loves it too.

Christina said...

I have tried sooo many different brands. I always liked the chobani honey flavored, but I have now fallen in love with Greek gods strawberry and honey. It is delish and L loves it too.

Allie said...

I want to like it but I've heard such mixed reviews I'm scared. I don't like regular yogurt anyway... Picky eater alert.