Sunday, January 26, 2014

baby no. 2 {36 weeks}

how far along? 36 weeks
how are you measuring? measuring right on track
size of baby? size of a head of romaine lettuce
heartbeat? 145bpm (at our 34 week appointment) 
total weight gain/loss? 33lbs
maternity clothes? Yes, and surprisingly I'm not tired of them yet.  I feel like I have been able to have so much variety this go round because I have a ton of solid maternity tops and I mix and match it with non-maternity cardigans, scarfs and jewelry.  I have enjoyed winter maternity clothes way more than spring/summer maternity clothes.  
stretch marks? Ugh, they are starting to pop up on the center of my belly.  This is about they time they first showed up with Pearson so I have a feeling I might gain a few more "baby tats" before this pregnancy is over. 
sleep? Sleeping sounding while I'm actually asleep, but I wake up often to switch sides of go to the bathroom.  I probably need to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night but I hold it and only go about 3 times because it is so incredibly painful to walk to the bathroom at night.  I'm fine while I'm laying down but as soon as I wake up my sciatic nerve hurts so bad.  I limp to the bathroom, and then moan and groan to get back into a comfortable sleeping position.  And I say comfortable very loosely.  I'm not so comfortable these days.  
best moment this week? I got my new breastpump that was covered 100% by insurance in the mail this week and I got my hospital bag all packed.  We are ready for our sweet boy to be here!!
movement? Yes, and he is still in the same position he has been in for a few weeks now.  Head in the lower left side, legs and all the kicking on the upper right side.  I think he's officially out of room to move positions. 
food cravings? Lots of ice water and girl scout cookies and of course anything sweet.  This sweet tooth is KILLING me.  I'm definitely going to have to cut back after he is born or I will never lose all my baby weight.
gender predictions? BOY!!!! Nash Matthew Link
what i miss? Being comfortable.  I'm definitely to the point in this pregnancy where I'm just uncomfortable…….especially in the evenings.  
what i'm looking forward to? Two date nights with my handsome hubby.  Monday night we are touring the new hospital that we are delivering in and then going to dinner.  Lolly & Pops are keeping Pearson overnight for us!!  Then, Friday is Parent's Night Out at our church so we might go try to catch a movie!!
how are you feeling? No belly pain, minimal, heartburn, but LOTS of sciatic nerve/butt cramp pains in the night and TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions in the evenings.  I've definitely hit the point of this pregnancy where I'm soooooooo ready for it to be over.  It's been a fun ride, but I'm ready to get this baby out!!!
comparisons to last pregnancy? I've been much more grumpy and complainy this go round.  Poor Matt. I know he's ready to have his sweet wife back!!


Here I am 36 weeks with Pearson and 36 weeks with Nash

4 comments:

The Fenner's said...

Calling my insurance company about a pump is on my to do list this week! Not that I need another one, but oh well!

fancyashstyle said...

I had a big sweet tooth pregnant with Olivia. I don't think it went away after. Hopefully you can fight the temptations better than me. Almost there :)

BenchFamily said...

How did you go about getting your breast pump covered by your insurance?

Rachel Zimm said...

Looking so pretty!
How did you get a breast pump covered by insurance? What kind did you get?
Can't believe our little boys will both be here soon!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com