Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Whole 30 {1st Weekend}

I posted this on Facebook New Year's Eve…..

I've been hesitant to post this mainly because I'm really nervous about being successful at this challenge and I really hate "Weightloss New Year's Resolutions". But this isn't a weightloss program and its not a diet. It's a lifestyle change and I know I need the accountability to be successful so here goes........

I'll be joining in on the ‪#‎whole30‬ craze January 1st. I'll be eating nothing but whole, nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods for 30 days......basically a detox from all the crap I have been eating or a nutritional reset.

I first heard about #whole30 from my friend at Loved and Lovely and was intrigued. It sounded awesome but also looked really hard. Later on a friend here in Tyler 
posted all her meals during her Whole30 on Instagram. When I saw that a busy Mom of three could do it, there was no reason I couldn't do it to. I've been reading, researching, pinning, planning and shopping for this for the last few months so hopefully I can be successful and see some great ‪#‎nonscalevictorys‬ and maybe shed the 10ish lbs I've gained since moving to Tyler.

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for all the food pics I will be posting in the next 30 days. I need the accountability and if I have to post each meal, I'll be sure to make it ‪#‎whole30compliant‬.
*****
Anyone else done a #whole30 or anyone doing ‪#‎whole30january‬?? 

Since I started on a Friday, I am going to recap the weekend.  And then next week I will just recap the entire week!

Day 1
Breakfast:
2 Fried Eggs cooked in Coconut Oil, 2 Pieces of Costco No Sugar Added Bacon & Banana with Costco Almond Butter, Wild Oat Unsweetened Coconut & Aldi Chia Seeds.

Lunch: 
Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burger over Spinach topped with Costco Guacamole Pack, Spiralized Baked Sweet Potatoes seasoned with s/p, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder, grapes & kiwis.

Dinner: 
{Disgusting} Balsamic Herb Chicken, Rosemary Potatoes, & Birdseye Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower

Day 2
Breakfast:
Chia Seed Pudding topped with bananas, Wild Oat unsweetened coconut,  and cinnamon (3T of Chia Seeds soaked overnight with 1 cup of almond milk and spoonful of Costco Almond Butter) 

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Dump Ranch, Pineapples & Grapes

Dinner: 
Zuchinni Noodles over Ground Turkey in Aldi Basil Tomato Sauce, Roasted Brussel Sprouts 

Day 3
Breakfast:
Boiled Egg and Pumpkin Spice Larabar

Lunch: 
Chicken Salad (Homemade Mayo, Shreded Chicken Breast, Diced Celery & Apples, Costco Super Berry Fusion Dried Fruit, Chopped Pecan, Minced Onion, Dried Parsley, s/p, Trader Joe Plantain Chips, & Pineapple

Dinner:
Leftover Zoodles & Meatsauce, Leftover Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Clementine & Lemon Bar Larabar

I am actually shocked at how well the Whole30 is going.  Surprisingly, I haven't had a bad headache yet from the lack of sugar and my daily Diet Coke.  Most people report they feel awful by Day 3 but I don't yet. Maybe it's coming, but right now I am actually enjoying preparing my healthy meals and I really look forward to each meal.  

0 comments: