Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Whole 30 {1st Weekend}

I posted this on Facebook New Year's Eve…..

I've been hesitant to post this mainly because I'm really nervous about being successful at this challenge and I really hate "Weightloss New Year's Resolutions". But this isn't a weightloss program and its not a diet. It's a lifestyle change and I know I need the accountability to be successful so here goes........

I'll be joining in on the ‪#‎whole30‬ craze January 1st. I'll be eating nothing but whole, nutrient-dense, unprocessed foods for 30 days......basically a detox from all the crap I have been eating or a nutritional reset.

I first heard about #whole30 from my friend at Loved and Lovely and was intrigued. It sounded awesome but also looked really hard. Later on a friend here in Tyler 
posted all her meals during her Whole30 on Instagram. When I saw that a busy Mom of three could do it, there was no reason I couldn't do it to. I've been reading, researching, pinning, planning and shopping for this for the last few months so hopefully I can be successful and see some great ‪#‎nonscalevictorys‬ and maybe shed the 10ish lbs I've gained since moving to Tyler.

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for all the food pics I will be posting in the next 30 days. I need the accountability and if I have to post each meal, I'll be sure to make it ‪#‎whole30compliant‬.
*****
Anyone else done a #whole30 or anyone doing ‪#‎whole30january‬?? 

Since I started on a Friday, I am going to recap the weekend.  And then next week I will just recap the entire week!

Day 1
Breakfast:
2 Fried Eggs cooked in Coconut Oil, 2 Pieces of Costco No Sugar Added Bacon & Banana with Costco Almond Butter, Wild Oat Unsweetened Coconut & Aldi Chia Seeds.

Lunch: 
Trader Joe's Chili Lime Chicken Burger over Spinach topped with Costco Guacamole Pack, Spiralized Baked Sweet Potatoes seasoned with s/p, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder, grapes & kiwis.

Dinner: 
{Disgusting} Balsamic Herb Chicken, Rosemary Potatoes, & Birdseye Steamed Broccoli & Cauliflower

Day 2
Breakfast:
Chia Seed Pudding topped with bananas, Wild Oat unsweetened coconut,  and cinnamon (3T of Chia Seeds soaked overnight with 1 cup of almond milk and spoonful of Costco Almond Butter) 

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Dump Ranch, Pineapples & Grapes

Dinner: 
Zuchinni Noodles over Ground Turkey in Aldi Basil Tomato Sauce, Roasted Brussel Sprouts 

Day 3
Breakfast:
Boiled Egg and Pumpkin Spice Larabar

Lunch: 
Chicken Salad (Homemade Mayo, Shreded Chicken Breast, Diced Celery & Apples, Costco Super Berry Fusion Dried Fruit, Chopped Pecan, Minced Onion, Dried Parsley, s/p, Trader Joe Plantain Chips, & Pineapple

Dinner:
Leftover Zoodles & Meatsauce, Leftover Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Clementine & Lemon Bar Larabar

I am actually shocked at how well the Whole30 is going.  Surprisingly, I haven't had a bad headache yet from the lack of sugar and my daily Diet Coke.  Most people report they feel awful by Day 3 but I don't yet. Maybe it's coming, but right now I am actually enjoying preparing my healthy meals and I really look forward to each meal.  

1 comments:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!