Monday, January 11, 2016

whole 30 {week 1 recap}

The first full week of Whole 30 is in the books.  Actually I'm a third of the way through since I have completed 10 days!! I am already noticing some Non Scale Victories.  If you aren't familiar with the Whole30 Program, you are not suppose to weigh yourself for the entire 30 days.  The reason for this is because it's not about weight loss.  If I were to look at the scale and see that I hadn't lost weight,
I might overlook some of the other great things that are happening with body.  

Most people feel like they have a hangover or what lots of people call "the carb flu" during the first few days.  Surprisingly, I never really felt bad.  I had a few little headaches during the day, but I think they were mainly because I was hungry.  On Day 6 and 7 I was really struggling though.  All I wanted to do was take a nap.  In fact, I did take a nap both of those days and went to bed around 9pm.  Day 8 my energy really started to pick up and by Day 10 I was really starting to feel good! I can't wait to see how I feel by Day 30!!

Day 4
 Breakfast:
Smoothie (Frozen Banana & Pineapple, Almond Butter, Spinach, Chia Seeds & Water)

Lunch:
Leftover Chicken Salad on Lettuce Boats, Avocado & Pineapple

Diner:
Aidell's Chicken Apple Sausage, Sweet Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts, & Side Salad with Dump Ranch

Day 5
  Breakfast:
Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups, Leftover Rosemary Potatoes, & a Clementine

Lunch:
Leftover Chicken Salad,  

Dinner:
BLT Boats with homemade mayo, Carrots & Dump Ranch, & Pineapple

Day 6
 Breakfast:
Egg Scramble (2 eggs, Aidell's Chicken Sausage, & Spinach) and a Clementine

Lunch:
Chick-fil-A Grilled Chicken Nuggets, Fruit Salad, Guacamole & Carrots. 

Dinner:
Chili and Fruit Salad

Day 7
  Breakfast:
Leftover egg cups & fruit salad

Lunch:
1.5 Boiled Eggs, Leftover Sweet Potatoes & Brussel Sprouts,  & half of an Apple with Almond Butter

Dinner:

Day 8
  Breakfast:
2 Fried Eggs cooked in coconut oil over spinach & Clementine

Lunch:
Leftover Chili & Apple with Almond Butter

Dinner:
Kalua Pork, Sweet Potato with ghee and cinnamon, Steamed Broccoli, Carrots & Cauliflower

Day 9
  Breakfast:

Lunch:
Leftover Chili, Oranges,  & Grapes

Diner:
Leftover Kalua Pork over Baked Potato with ghee and Coleslaw

Day 10
 Breakfast:
Leftover Fritatta (Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, & Bacon), Banana, & Apple Pie Larabar

Lunch:
Leftover Cauli-Rice, Leftover Salsa Chicken, Salsa, Guacamole, Plantain Chips, & Kiwi

Diner:
Outback Steakhouse- 6oz Sirloin, Sweet Potato, & Steamed Mixed Veggies 
*I asked that everything be cooked without butter.

0 comments: