Sunday, May 31, 2009

may restaurant review


This month Matt and I tried Mastergrill. Since I have really been into coupons lately, it just kills me to go out to eat and not have a coupon. I was rummaging through our coupons and found a "Buy One Entree Get One Entree Free" coupon to the Mastergrill at the Firewheel Mall. Matt was super excited to go to this restaurant.

Mastergrill is very similar to Texas de Brazil except on a way cheaper scale. Entrees are about $50 a person at Texas de Brazil where at Mastergrill they are $25. ($22 on Sunday)

Our waitress said that the meal was a two step process. You start off with the Salad Bar and when you are ready for meat you turn over your Yes/No card. When your card says Yes, they bring you meat.

There were a ton of yummy things on the Salad Bar. I had some potatoes, salad, shrimp cocktail, tomatoes with mozzarella and basil, all sorts of cheeses. There was a lot more, but I couldn't eat it all.

When we flipped over our card, these "gauchos" started bring us meat.

This was definitely Matt's favorite part. I think we tried almost all of the 25 different kinds of meats. I wasn't a fan of much of the beef. I have never really liked steak. It all just tastes like rubber to me. Matt thought it was all pretty good though. His favorite meat was the Top Sirloin, and mine was the barbecue chicken or the chicken wrapped in bacon.

But our absolute favorite thing the gauchos brought out was Roasted Cinnamon Pineapple. It was to die for. It was warm and juicy and so tasteful. Mmmmm....I really want to find a recipe for it.

For dessert they brought out fried bananas that were coated with cinnamon sugar. They were so delicious.

2 Entrees ($22 for Sunday Price)
2 Waters
1 coupon for Buy1Get1Free
tip
$29

Two thumbs up from The Links.

We think this is definitely a fun date night place to go to! You should try it!!

1 comments:

Brandi Gail said...

I really like this place, and I loved the pineapples as well!