Thursday, December 20, 2012

extra christmas cards

I ran out of Christmas cards this year. Oops.

{I always post my Christmas card on the blog on Christmas
so you'll have to stick around to see our original one.}

I added too many people to my list after I ordered my cards.  I wasn't about to place another order since my cards too FOREVER to get here so I found a cheaper, quicker option!! 

This year Becky Higgins, the creator of Project Life, offered 10 Christmas card designs on her blog to download for FREE.  She has them available in 4x6, 5x7, & 6x7.5.  You download them as a PNG file, so you have to have Photoshop to put your pictures in.  So if you do have photoshop this is a super easy way to make some extra Christmas cards.  I made all of mine as 4x6's and then printed them at Walgreen's when I had a 40% off code!! So they ended up being super cheap. 

I also ended up just printing some extras off to use as gift tags for all of Matt's co-workers.  They all enjoyed getting a photo card rather than a plain ole boring gift tag or card.  I'll definitely be remembering this in the future.  

I thought they were all so cute that I had a hard time picking one design.  Since I had all my pictures from our Christmas photo shoot I decided to make one of all the different cards!! I think they all turned out so cute!!
These last two I found on Pinterest.  You have to like Topsy Turvy and Chelsea Peterson Photography and you can download a ton of cute chalkboard cards!!

And while I'm on the subject of Christmas cards.  Where do you get your Christmas cards?  

For the past 2 years I have ordered mine from Erin Condren.  They are beautiful cards and super nice quality but they are ridiculously priced. ($2.25 a card....can you believe it?)  The ONLY reason I have gotten my cards with them for the past 2 years is because I have gotten them for absolutely free.  I earned so many Plum District credits and One Kings Lane credits from you guys buying under my name (then I turned around and purchased tons of $50 vouchers to Erin Condren) that I had enough money to by my cards both years, plus a ton of other stuff!!  

Next year I'll be back to buying more affordable Christmas cards, so where you have found good deals on cute Christmas cards?

9 comments:

The Moshells said...

One year I ordered from three different places to get my free cards. :) This year, I used the "cardstore" and they had a great deal 70% off. Plus they will mail your cards for you...for free. So basically they paid for themselves. I did have to type in all the names in addresses,but they're saved for future use.

Becky said...

I get my Christmas cards from Vistaprint! I order postcards. The last 3 years they have had a link for 100 free postcards but this year they finally disabled the link. BUT they had a special so I got 100 for $10. I typically use their holiday templates and add a picture (I think it's $3 to add a photo) but this year we had our pictures taken professionally and the photographer designed a card for us so I uploaded my own design instead of using one of theirs. I have them printed with a short letter on the back and with our return address on there, and then when I get them I mail them as postcards because the postage is cheaper. But you can usually get 100 white envelopes to go with them for $3.99 and then you can send them as regular cards instead of postcards. I don't know how much longer they will keep letting people do this- I use the postcards for announcements, shower invitations(in envelopes), etc. But so far it's been a great deal!

Unknown said...

We use vistaprint.com. I was a little nervous because there were a ton of pictures on our card this year, but they ended up coming out AWESOME. The best part is, I got a groupon for $24 for $85 worth of merchandise, and it was extremely worth it. You can see our card on my webpage (http://be-awesome-like-us.blogspot.com/). They were normally under $1.50/card, and had a picture on the outside, a space for me to write on the inside, and a small picture/closing on the back. I am so pleased!

Unknown said...

I got a groupon from Zazzle back in October....75 cars for I believe 26 shipped.

The Fenner's said...

I have no idea how many you send out, but I don't send many, and always get mine from Tinyprints!:) I love them! Last year they did a groupon deal, but they didn't this year! good quality, and they ship really quickly!

Tristan said...

I usually order mine from Snapfish. This year I ordered 80 because we also announced our pregnancy on our cards :) but that wasn't enough! So I had to order 20 more and have them printed at Walgreens which was way more expensive than having them shipped. I'll post a picture of our card soon. I'll be blogging a lot more and you may see lots of ideas from your own blog when you were pregnant. I will of course give credit to you! You just have so many cute ideas! Doing my first weekly update picture and blog soon! :)

Lindsay said...

We design our cards in Photoshop ourselves and have them printed at psprint.com. We've been doing that for the last 4 or 5 years and they've been great. We ordered 200 cards for $72 this year. And they are printed front and back (as you'll see soon!) I order envelopes from envelopes.com. I order them early so I can have them stamped and addressed by the time the cards arrive.

Allie said...

This year I used My Publisher. I got a deal on Plum District and I really liked them. I use whoever has good promos this time of year. I need to scan one in for the blog...

Lindsay said...

also...these are all so cute!