Monday, April 07, 2014

nash {2 months}

Dear Sweet Nash-
It's crazy that another month has come and gone already.  This month has been great! We have started to get into the groove of having a little family of four.  You are just the sweetest, easiest little baby.  We are so blessed to have you in our lives.  We can't wait to watch you grow!
Sleeping: 
We definitely got lucky in the sleeping department again.  You are sleeping through the night!!!!  I'd like for you to sleep a little longer so I don't have to wake up at 5am, but you are sleeping 6-7 and even a few times 8 hours during the night.  We moved you out in the hall at 5 weeks because you were grunting too much and keeping me up.  You immediately starting waking up in the 3:00 hour rather than the 2:00 hour, going 6 hours in between feedings.  In our room, the longest you had gone was 5 hours.  At 7 weeks we decided to go ahead and move you to your room and immediately you started sleeping 7 hours, waking up somewhere in the 4:00 hour.  A few times you have surprised me and slept 8 hours.  You are so close to sleeping through the night in my books which means me not having to wake up before 6am.  As far as naps go, we don't really have nap schedule.  You seriously sleep all day long.  You are awake for about 30 minutes sometime in between each feeding, but for the most part, you are always asleep.  You sleep best in your carrier, but you will also sleep in the bouncer, the swing, the boppy pillow, the floor, our arms, your crib……basically anywhere.  You LOVE to sleep!  If I do actually put you down for a nap in your crib, I put you on your tummy, but at night you sleep swaddle up in your SwaddleMe blanket.  I nurse you, change your diaper, swaddle you up then rock you for just a few minutes before I lay you in your crib.  Most nights you just put yourself right to sleep.  
Eating:
You nurse every 3 hours during the day and 6-8 hours at night.  Thankfully you are super flexible and if we have to be somewhere I can feed you at 2 or 2.5 hours or if we are running late being out I can stretch up to 4 hours.  You rarely scream because you are starving.  You are usually just happy to eat whenever.  You haven't had any formula because my milk supply is awesome this time and I'm able to pump way more than I did with Pearson.  I always nurse you but it's nice to be able to have breastmilk in the freezer for when we need a bottle.  You usually get about 1-2 bottles a week for whatever reason or another.  It's usually at church in the evenings because it's just easier to let them feed you or when I'm not with you.  I'm so thankful that you are nursing so well.  I just love the special bond that we get to share because of it.  It's one of my favorite things about having a baby!!
New Tricks/Activities/Accomplishments: 
You smile for us all the time in your sleep!  We have gotten a few smiles while you are awake, but we really have to work for them.  Other than that you are still a pretty boring baby! Ha!  You can hold your head up really well while we are holding you, but when we do tummy time you can't hold it up very high.  We have some work to do! You are so close to "talking" to us.  You will move your mouth like you want to say something, but nothing comes out.  Soon we should start hearing some sweet coos and noises from you!
Likes:
Sleeping.  It's definitely your favorite thing to do.  And next in line would definitely be eating. You still love all the things you loved last month…...Mam paci, Boppy newborn lounger, bouncer, naps on your tummy, being held, having your bottom pat, riding in the carseat, being swaddled, sleeping on our chest, snuggling, the vibrator on your pack n play.
Dislikes:
Honestly not much bothers you. You are really such an easy going baby.  Pearson is constantly touching, poking and grabbing at you but you don't seem to mind.  Every now and then Pearson is a little rough and you get your feelings hurt. 
Other Random Facts:
  • You helped me do a diaper study this month and got free diapers for 2 weeks! (plus I got paid $135)
  • You went into the church nursery for the first time at 7 weeks. 
  • You are a champ when it comes to running errands.  You literally sleep through everything.  You are such a great tag-along. 
  • You were an awesome model for Tried and True Designs and her homecoming outfits.  
  • You got sick for the first time.  I had the stomach bug, then passed it to Pearson then Pearson passed it to you.  You boys love Mommy so much that you passed it back to me.  
  • You don't poop everyday.  Most of the time just every other day. 
  • You have rolls hidden under rolls under your chin.  When you get hot and sweat it start to get a little rash under there and sometimes it even stinks.  You are SO chubby!!
  • You went to the movie theater for the first time and slept through the entire movie.
  • You don't dislike tummy time, but you just don't really care that much about holding your head up.  You usually just fall asleep when we do tummy time.  Or "tummy times" as Pearson calls it. 
  • I started bathing you and Pearson together.  You never cry when we give you a bath so I guess you like it!
2 month Stats
Weight: 12lbs 10oz
Length: 
Head Circumference:
Eating: nursing exclusively (every 3 hours during the day and 6-8 hours at night)
Bedtime: around 8pm
Awake: not much….about 30 minutes before each feeding
Naps: in between every feeding (almost the entire time)
Diapers: size 1
Clothes: 0-3 months

 Here is Pearson at 2 months and Nash at 2 months.
Look how you have changed!!

4 comments:

Brandi Gail said...

He is SO cute! Oh my gosh!
I want your sleeping tricks for when Wyatt is here! ;)

Darci said...

i LOVE the 3rd picture!! such a lil sweetie! And how awesome that he is such a good baby, def makes the transition from 1-2 much easier!

Hooked on the Howards said...

Such a sweetie! He seems to have lots more facial expressions than Pearson did. I definitely get more smiles from him than I did Pearson. Both are very sweet boys though!

The Moshells said...

Such a cutie pie! I'm so glad you are enjoying this time. Everyone says it goes fast and it does!