Wednesday, May 07, 2014

nash {3 months}

Dear Sweet Nash-
In some ways I feel like you have been in our family forever, but in other ways I feel like I was just at the hospital meeting you for the first time.  You have continued to be such an easy baby.  I told your Daddy the other day that I didn't think it was possible to have a baby easier than Pearson, but you have proven that wrong.  You are seriously so chill! You are the perfect 2nd child, happy to just be along for the ride!! We love you sweet boy and look forward to all the fun milestones coming up!!
Sleeping: 
The day after you turned 2 months you started sleeping 10 hours at night. You sleep anywhere from 11-12 hours now.  I feed you at 7 or 7:30 and you wake up between 6:30 and 7:30 every morning.  I nurse you, swaddle you then lay you down in your crib.  You are usually awake for 30-1hr before you fall asleep but you don't make a peep unless your paci falls out.  I love how you already know how to fall asleep on your own.  In the mornings, you would think after sleeping 12 hours that you would wake up screaming because you are so hungry.  Nope, not you.  You wake us up with the cutest little cry.  It's not a sad or a mad cry, you are really just trying to get our attention.  As soon as I look over the crib you give me the biggest smile.  You are so happy.  Some mornings I go in to check on you and you aren't even crying.  You'll just be in your crib lying awake smiling at the ceiling fan.  This month we really got in the groove of taking actual naps.  I have tried to be home more to get you more on a schedule rather than just sleeping in your carrier all the time.  If we are home, I put you down for a nap in your crib 30 minutes to an hour after your 7am, 10am, and 1pm feeding.  Pretty much the only time you get fussy is when you are tired.  You always let me know when you are ready for a nap.  I just lay you on your tummy in your crib and you are literally asleep in a minute or two.  You love to nap!! In the evening after your 4pm feeding, we usually try to keep you up the entire time  but sometimes you take a little cat nap before we get around to feeding you before bed. This is about the time that Pearson quit taking good naps and would only take two 45 minute naps.  I'm praying that you continue to be a good napper like you are now.  I seriously don't know what we did to have two kids that sleep so well.  I guess my breastmilk is more like heavy cream and sticks with them really well.  
Eating:
You nurse every 3 hours during the day and go 11-12 hours at night.  Most days you are up around 6:30, sometimes you will sleep until 7 or 7:30 depending on when we got you to bed.  I really don't mind getting before 7:00 because it allows me to nurse you lying down in bed (which is my favorite way to nurse) before Pearson wakes up.  Most days our schedule is the 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 (ish) schedule, but on school days I usually have to push you to 2pm so I can nurse you when I get home from picking Pearson up from school.  Then I nurse you at 5pm and 7pm.  You are always ready to eat around 7pm because you are soooooooo sleeping.  You have always taken a bottle really well when we give them to you.  I usually give you 1 bottle a week for whatever reason, but in the past few weeks you decided you didn't like the bottle.  You would literally gag when we put in your mouth than just scream until we took it out.  You would rather not eat than take a bottle.  Just yesterday I tried giving you a Mam bottle instead of your normal Avent ones and you sucked it down.  I hadn't thawed out that much breastmilk because I didn't want to waste it so after you sucked it down I decided give you 2 oz of formula.  You hadn't had any yet, but you sucked it down too.  I'm happy to know I have options now when I am away from you.  However, I always prefer to nurse you over giving you a bottle.  Bottle are just not my thing.  I like having both hands free when I'm feeding Nash!!
New Tricks/Activities/Accomplishments: 
You have started smiling for us all the time.  You are definitely smilier than Pearson was.  He was so serious.  You have your serious moments but it's pretty easy to get you to smile.  You are the smiliest when we are changing your diaper.  When you smile you curl up your whole body, squint your eyes and give us a big grin.  It's a whole body thing!  We even sometimes get a little "ha".  It will be a full out giggle pretty soon.  You are also talking to us and cooing more these days.  I love when we make a sound and you try to mimic it.  It's the sweetest thing ever! Anytime we have a little smiling/talking session with you, you get the hiccups.  Every single time!!  You have discovered your hand and if you don't have a paci in your mouth, you try with all of your might to get it in your mouth. You haven't found your fingers yet, though.  You suck on the back of your hands most of time.  You have started reaching/swatting for your toys in your bouncer.  
Likes:
Sleep!! It's definitely still your favorite pastime.  And a close second is still eating.  Clearly you love to eat because you have lots and lots of rolls!! You also love swinging, going for walks, riding in the carseat, your paci, being swaddled at night, sleeping on your tummy during the day, watching the ceiling fan, talking to us, bath time, and the hanging toys on your bouncer.
Dislikes:
The only time you really get fussy is when you are sleepy.  You hate when I have to pick a booger out of your nose.  You don't like looking to the left.  You don't like drying off after a bath.  Other than these few things that bother you, you really are the most chill baby ever.  Pearson is all over you all the time and it doesn't really seem to phase you.  

Other Random Facts:
  • You always sneeze more than once and you sneeze sooooooo many times a day.
  • Since you always have your head turned to the right and only sleep with it that way too, you have started to get a flat spot on your head.  We are taking you to a PT to get you evaluated.  Hopefully some exercises will help strengthen your muscles and we'll be good to go.  
  • You had another stomach bug again this month.  Mommy got it first and then sadly passed it to you!
  • You had another modeling photoshoot with a photographer to model a little crochet crown. 
  • You went to MOPPETS for the first time.  
  • You started sitting in the big boy seat of the stroller (reclined all the way back).
  • Most of the time, tummy time just turns into nap time.  You still don't hold your head up all that high, so you get really tired and give up and take a nap.  Another reason we are getting a PT evaluation.
  • Your cradle cap was pretty bad this month, but I brushed it out with baby oil a bunch so most of it is gone. 
  • Your poor face had baby acne so bad at the beginning of the month.  It's mostly cleared up now. 
  • You are still so easy to take anywhere.  You still mostly sleep through all of our outings.  Mommy is going to have a rude awakening when you finally wake up and I realize I actually have 2 kids!!

3 month Stats
Weight: ?
Length: ?
Head Circumference: ?
Eating: nursing exclusively around 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 (ish)
Bedtime: around 7pm
Awake: around 7pm
Naps: 3-4 naps (7:30-10, 11-1, 2-4, and sometimes a little cat nap in the evening.)
Diapers: size 1 until May 1st, now size 2
Clothes: 0-3 months but I'm starting to put most of them away

 Here is Pearson at 3 months and Nash at 3 months.
Look how you have changed!!


0 comments: