Saturday, July 04, 2009

happy 4th of july!!

We have been crazy busy the past two weekends, so we didn't really have any big plans for the fourth.

We started our holiday by catching the tail end of watching this guy eat 68 hot dogs in 12 minutes.

I have never watched the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest on TV. I've heard about it, and even been to Nathan's on Coney Island, but never watch the actual contest. Oh my word....talk about disgusting. I think I almost gagged just watching them. They dip the hot dogs in water and then just shove them down. My brother and I were curious at how many calories that adds up to, so we researched it, and I happen to find this on the internet.
It is 3 hot dogs short of what the winner ate this year, but it gives you an idea of how much they are consuming. Disgusting!!

After breakfast, we watched a movie called "The Boy in Striped Pajamas." It was an incredibly sad movie about the Holocaust, but was a good reminder for us to be thankful for the freedom we have in our country.

Around 3pm, we headed over to Nonnie's house for a late lunch with the family.

We had these delicious barbecue ribs....

.....corn, potato salad, red beans, Sister Shubert rolls and homemade peach ice-cream!!

I'm not much of a nap taker, but today seemed like the perfect day for one! After our nap we took an evening spin on the lake with my parents, little brother and his friend.


Happy 4th of July!!

And thank you to all the men and women who are serving our country right now.

0 comments: