Monday, January 10, 2011

17 weeks

how far along?  17 weeks
how are you measuring?  17 weeks
size of baby? about an 5 inches, the size of turnip, and 5 ounces
heartbeat? 160 bpm (at our 13 week appointment)
total weight gain/loss? +1.6 pounds
maternity clothes? I busted out the Bella Band this week.  My pants were fitting fine in the morning, but at the end of the day they were really starting to squeeze me.  I'm so much more comfortable if I unbutton the top button of my pants and wear my Bella Band.   
stretch marks? No
sleep? Still having to wake up 2-3 times a night.  It would probably help if I wouldn't guzzle half of a water bottle before I go to bed, but I'm so thirsty for ice cold water. 
best moment this week? We went to a wedding this past weekend and saw lots of our old friends from the Singles Class Matt and I met in.  It was so fun to see them.  They were all so excited to congratulate us on our baby!!
movement? Patiently waiting. Surely it will happen soon? 
food cravings? Ice cold water is what I'm so thirsty for these days.  I can't get enough.
gender predictions? 17 days until we find out!! I can't wait!!!
what i miss: I really can't think of anything right now.
what i'm looking forward to: I have a doctor's appointment this week.  I can't wait to hear our sweet babe's heartbeat again.  And as always, I just love to hear the doctor say everything is looking good!
how are you feeling? I was really starting to feel like I was getting my energy back, but since I started back school this week I was pretty worn out by Friday.  Friday night I fell asleep on the couch at 7:45, woke up at 10:30 then went to bed.  i'm really hoping for that 2nd trimester burst of energy to hit!!

5 comments:

Meredith - Mama of FOUR! said...

So enjoying reading all your updates! You look great!
PS. I featured your blog in my post today!

Julie said...

I love reading all of your weekly pregnancy updates! If it makes you feel any better, I was also EXTREMELY tired by Friday of last week, and barely thought that I would be able to hold my eyes open until 8:00 - went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 8:00 the next morning. My point being that it may not be the pregnancy that wore you out last week as much as just getting up early again after having 2 weeks off!

Alicia said...

This truly is so exciting and I absolutely love hearing about your weekly preggo updates with fun pics of course!

jessica said...

you look great...by the time i was 17 weeks along, i already had a basketball size tummy :) i found your blog today and i enjoyed reading your posts. i am trying to start "couponing"...do you have any tips on how to get started and stay at it? thanks!

Jessica..."owens-andbabymakesthree.blogspot.com"

Hooked on the Howards said...

Ok, so I think I saw a little baby bump at church. When we were playing the game in ABF I saw you from the side. I too love reading your weekly pregnancy updates!