Thursday, January 13, 2011

easy cheesy corn casserole

A few weeks Matt and I made a trip to Houston for the Texas Bowl.  Thankfully I didn't have to go! Matt only got one ticket to the game, so I hung out with my best friend from college, Erin, all day.  For dinner Erin made the best corn casserole.  It was such as easy recipe, I just knew it was going to be a staple in our house!!  I love it because it goes great with anything.  Erin served it as a side dish to pork tenderloin.  I made it tonight with tacos.  

Here's what you'll need to make it......
 Box of plain Rice-A-Roni

Can of Corn (drained)

Half of a container of Cheez Whiz

Jalapenos (as much as you want for spiciness)

Cook the Rice-A-Roni according to the package.  When the rice is finished, transfer to a mixing bowl, and mix the remaining ingredients until cheese is all melted and mixed throughout.  I used a spoonful and a half of the jalapenos. Transfer to an 8x8 glass pan.  
 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
Enjoy!!

1 comments:

The Links said...

Re-posting deleted comments.....

Kristin Fant (kristin.fant@yahoo.com)
99.16.145.18
2 days ago
I made this last night, but I din't want to run to the store so I sort of improvised and used Long Grain Wild Rice and 1/2 a can of rotel instead of the jalepenos an it was pretty tasty! :)
Thanks for sharing!!