Sunday, October 20, 2013

baby no. 2 {22 weeks}

how far along? 22 weeks
how are you measuring? I forgot to ask at my last appointment
size of baby? size of a spaghetti squash
heartbeat? 156 bpm (at our 21 week appointment) 
total weight gain/loss? 8 lbs (We both had a growth spurt this week....or maybe just I did!! Ha!)
maternity clothes? A mixture of regular clothes and maternity clothes.  I hate getting dressed in the mornings because it's so hard to find an outfit that fits right.  
stretch marks? No new ones! 
sleep? Some nights are good, some nights are bad.  Early this week I was dealing with a UTI so I was up going to the bathroom a lot. Now I'm dealing with  yeast infection from the antibiotic....TMI, sorry, but pregnancy isn't always rainbows and butterflies! Some nights I sleep hard and then some nights I'm up for 2.5 hours in the middle of the night.  I'm just already feeling so uncomfortable because of round ligament pains.  We've got a long way to go if I'm already feeling uncomfortable. 
best moment this week? Picking out a paint color, ordering/buying fabric for the nursery, buying a double stroller off craigslist, meeting my new doctor, and setting our c-section date for February 17th. We actually did this a few weeks ago but I forgot to write about it, but we got our little babymoon getaway planned.  I got two free nights stay at a hotel in San Antonio from Dallas Moms Blog.  I was also asked to test drive a car for GM so we will be driving a test car down to San Antonio.  We are so excited to spend a weekend away and get to see our friend that moved to SA last year. 
movement? Yes! He is moving all throughout the day now. 
food cravings? Halloween candy.....which explains some of my weigh gain this week!!
gender predictions? BOY!!!! Nash Matthew Link
what i miss? Sleeping on my back and being able to move from position to position without any pain. 
what i'm looking forward to? Getting started on our nursery!
how are you feeling? I'm still getting a cramp in the side of my butt.  I seem to get it after relaxing on the couch in the evening.  I started having some Braxton Hicks contractions this week.  Round ligament pains seems to be my worst pregnancy symptom though.  I feel like I can barely move around at night without pulling a muscle.  Also, wee met with my new doctor this week and I'm feeling much better about making the switch. Obviously I would love to stay with my doctor but it just wasn't an option financially.  The office we went to was really nice and the doctor really took his time to get to know us and catch up on 20 weeks of pregnancy. 
comparisons to last pregnancy? My Braxton Hicks didn't start until atleast 24-25 weeks with Pearson.  I'm already feeling them with Nash.  My body is definitely feeling the aches and pains of pregnancy much more this go round.


Here I am 22 weeks with Pearson and 22 weeks with Nash.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

So glad you like your new OB. I am looking forward to Feb. 17 and seeing meeting our baby Nash. Sorry about all those pains.

Christine said...

Glad you got the OB thing sorted out and that you're feeling better about it. What double stroller did you decide on? Second pregnancies are so much different than first ones... you're older, you're body's different and you're chasing after another one (who doesn't care that you're vomiting, tired, in pain, or whatever else)...