Sunday, October 06, 2013

chevy after dark

On Tuesday night Matt and I got to have a little week night date night.  It pays to be a blogger sometimes!! Chevy contacted a handful of different local Mommy Bloggers and invited us and a guest to come to the State Fair and test drive their cars in the Chevy Ride and Drive Exhibit.  The closed it down from the public and we and about 15 other Mommy Bloggers and their guests had it to ourselves.  We didn't have to wait in any lines to drive the cars!!
We got to test drive a 2014 Silverado Double Cab, a 2014 Camaro Coupe, and a 2014 Impala, 
But the best car that we got to test drive was the 2014 Corvette Stingray!!!
To bad there's not enough room for two carseats in the backseat because I think I looked pretty good in this red Corvette!!
After we were finished test driving all of the car each of us were given 2 more tickets to come back to the fair and 20 coupons to spend!!  Since we were already in the Fair we walked around and spent our coupons!
We hadn't had dinner so we were both starving.  We spent all of our coupons on food!!  Matt got a famous Fletcher's corn dog. 
I'm not a fan of corn dogs so I always get a Corny Cheese! It's my must have at the fair!

We always like to try something new.  This year we tried the Fried Biscuit & Gravy.  It wasn't good at all.  I don't recommend it.

We also tried the Fried Spinach Dip Bites which were one of the award winners this year.  They were delicious.  It was too bad that we only got two of them because I could have eaten like ten of them! 
Our last stop before we headed home to get our little man was a Nutty Ice Cream Bar.  Sooooooo good! It's also one of my must haves.  
I'm so glad we got free tickets to go back so we can take Pearson and do some of the kid things with him.....and of course indulge in some more fried food!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! the Spinach bites sound yummy!!!

Tammy @ Next To Grace said...

Looks like y'all had fun! My (old) neighbor was at the same event! I was seeing similar photos from you both on Instagram. I'm back to (public) blogging. I think I missed it too much :) and I still have never been to the state fair!

Alicia said...

That is so fun! I actually had my first EVER Fletcher's hot dog at the fair this time. We typically spend all of our tickets on fried food as well. I mean what would the fair be without it:) Anyway so glad ya'll had a fun night out:)