Thursday, October 31, 2013

halloween festivities

Pearson is not into costumes at all this year.......especially hats.  He can not stand wearing a hat.  It was a pretty big battle this morning getting him to put his overalls on for his Costume Parade at school this morning.   He knew they weren't his regular clothes so he threw a huge fit while getting dressed.  He wasn't about to put his little hat on for me, so I just sent it in his bag and told his teachers that he didn't have to wear it if he didn't want to. Much to my surprise when I arrived at his school for the costume party, his teachers had got him to wear his hat.  My pictures are blurry because I had my camera on the wrong setting, but look at how cute my little minion is!! He was the line leader for the day.  He was leading the class so confidently through the aisles of the church.  I'm so proud of him. 
After they walked through the aisles, they got to go through the church offices and trick or treat.  He couldn't wait to dig into his bag to see what all he got.  
Pearson just loves his little class and talks about Ms. E-Yane (Elayne) and Ms. Uh-Rees-Uh (Teresa) ALL.THE.TIME.  They were all so stinkin' cute dressed up in their costumes.  Pearson's teachers both had minion t-shirts on, so they were a huge fan on his little costume. 
After the parade and pictures I walked back to his room to help his teachers get the kids out of their costumes.  I am just amazed at how well behaved Pearson is at school.  At school he just does exactly what he is supposed to do for his teachers.  It's like they are magic!!  He really is a great kid at home, but we definitely have our moments of defiance and terrible two's.  Although it stinks that we have to deal with the tough stuff, I'm glad he acts the way he should at school for his teachers. 
I headed back up to the school around 12:45 for his Halloween Party.  I was in charge of the party all by myself.  I had no idea what to do for 2.5 year old so I just did exactly what his teachers told me to do.  Keep it simple......a craft, a cookie, and a treat bag.  I did exactly that and they loved it.  We made a little shape candy corn craft and decorated cookies on a stick.
The cookies on a stick were a big hit!! Lots of smiling and messy faces!!
I'm so glad I got to be a part of his special Halloween Day at school!!

1 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so fun that you were able to put together the party and to see your little man enjoy such a special activity at school. Love it! I love that Pearson is so good at school. I keep thinking how Aubrey will behave and I think as a teacher you definitely hope for the best in school;)and of course as well at home!