Monday, September 02, 2013

homework

Last week at Meet the Teacher, we were sent home with Pearson's first homework assignment.  His assignment was to draw a picture of something fun he did this summer.  Sadly, we didn't do anything too exciting this summer because his Mommy kind of slept the summer away! We still have about 5 or so more things we haven't gotten to on our Summer List.  I'm determined to get them all marked off in the next few weeks before Summer is officially over. 

Anyways.....back to homework....

We decided to draw a picture of the zoo.  

When I taught Kindergarten I always got so irritated at the parents that totally did their kids homework.  Especially the arts and crafts.  I didn't care to see how pretty their parents could make it, I wanted to see that sweet sloppy care free Kindergarten work.  I am determined to not be one of those parents.  As much as I wanted to draw a perfect picture for Pearson, I let him do it all by himself.  
And he wouldn't have had it any other way.  He kept saying "Pearson do it".  

My little lefty doing his 1st homework. 
 He was REALLY getting into it!!
 The finished product.  He was so proud!!
We are so excited to start Preschool tomorrow!!

1 comments:

Sara @ The Crazy Cozads said...

That's the sweetest zoo ever! :) Hope he enjoys his first day!