Friday, September 20, 2013

my first 29th birthday

Just kidding........I'm not going to be one of those people that celebrate their 29th birthday over and over again.  I am actually excited about turning 30 and the thought of getting old doesn't scare me at all.  I used to alway think 60 was old, but my parents are nearing 60 and I definitely don't think they are old.  Our age is just a number.  Who really cares how old we are? Not me!!

I had such a great day celebrating my 29th birthday.  One of my friends from our ABF shares a birthday with me so we hung out all morning.  Carissa works Monday-Thursday but is off on Friday so I called her earlier this week to see if she wanted to spend her day off with me on our birthdays.  We had such a fun day together and declared that we are going to make this a yearly tradition!!
We started our morning off at Denny's for breakfast to get our FREE Grand Slam. 
 After breakfast we headed to Safari Park to let the boys play.  Landry is about a year younger than Pearson.  Pearson talks about "Aug-Wee" all the time.  They are just now getting to the age where they can really start to play together.  

My sweaty boy had such a good time at the Safari Park.  He is still talking about the Choo-Choo ride. 
We stopped at lunch at Firehouse Subs to pick up our FREE sub for our birthday!
 I had never had Firehouse Subs, but it was so good. Pearson even ate a pretty big portion of my sandwich and almost half of my chips!
The boys had so much fun playing with their fire hats. 
 After lunch we hopped next door to go get our FREE Yogurt at Yogurtville. I think this was both of the boys favorite stop of the day!!

All our morning fun with Carissa and Landry wore us both out.  Pearson took a nice long nap while I vegged out on the couch.  I always feel bad just sitting around and doing nothing, but not today!! It's my birthday!!

When Matt got home from work we headed out to Grimaldi's to get my FREE birthday pizza!! It was so good!! Even Pearson loved it.  We ate all but one piece!!
I asked Matt for a new purse and a personalized Otterbox so I picked out my personalized Otterbox online and then we went shopping at Charming Charlie's for a new purse.  

We finished my birthday out with a FREE Red Velvet Pazookie at BJ's.  
I definitely had a fun filled (and free food filled) birthday! I couldn't have asked for a better day!!

**If you are curious about how I scored all of this FREE food check out Dallas Moms Blog on October 3rd.  I'll be posting all of my secrets there!!

1 comments:

Sara @ The Crazy Cozads said...

Looks like y'all had such a fun day of celebrating! I love Grimaldi's pizza - I think that's the best freebie and look forward to it every year!

Happy Belated Birthday!