Sunday, May 13, 2012

an unforgettable mother's day

Today was such a wonderful day!!
Today was my first REAL Mother's Day.  Last year I was 34 weeks pregnant with my little guy.  
After church Matt took me to Pappasito's for lunch!! There was a 30-45 minute wait but we spotted a table on the patio and got seated right away.  It was breezy on the patio and felt absolutely wonderful.  We got fajitas and shrimp brouchette. Soooooooo yummy!!
After lunch we went over to my Mom's house for dessert.  
I am so thankful for the wonderful women in my life!!
{Oma, Nonnie, Mom & Me}
 Four Generations
My Momma and all her little chicks and chickadees!!
{Drew, Carson, Ryan, Mom, Olivia, Pearson & Me}
 Pearson wanted to show off the pretty necklace and he and his Daddy bought me!!
 Isn't it pretty?
After dessert and pictures all the boys decided to bust out the golf clubs and hit balls onto the 18th hole.   

 Funny boys!!
 But the thing that made this Mother's Day unforgettable was really nothing all that wonderful.

Today was just another crazy day on the job.  

An unforgettable crazy day on the job. 

When we got home from our crazy busy morning, I changed Pearson out of his church clothes and put him down for a nap in just his diaper.  He was sooooooo tired because he had missed his morning nap.  I just knew he would fall right asleep.  An hour passed and he was still sitting and playing quietly in his Pack N Play. (I'll explain another time why he was napping in his Pack N Play) I finally went in to check on him and I immediately smelled poop. He is king of pooping during nap time and waking himself up, so I figured that was what he had done.  I was right.  But this time I learned a very valuable lesson in motherhood.

Never put your baby down for a nap in just a diaper.  

And if poop grosses you out, don't scroll down!!

-------


-------


-------


-------


-------


-------


-------


-------


-------

Yup, that's my child in naked in his Pack N Play walking around in his poop.  

ULTIMATE.MOM.FAIL.

When I walked in I was laughing so hard that I started crying.  Matt thought I was upset at first, but it was just so funny to me because of how ironic it was that this had happened on Mother's Day!!

I'm so thankful that Matt did most of the cleaning up of this stinky mess.  

I have a feeling that if you scrolled down to the bottom of this post (since poop doesn't gross you out) then you are probably a Mom.

So......happy Mother's Day from one Mom to another!!

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Haha this is hilarious! I, too, learned this lesson the hard way! Boys!! Happy Mother's Day :)

fancyashstyle said...

This cracked me up!!! I learned this lesson when Carson was one and learned how to take his diaper off!! At least it was in his pack in play not his bed

Christine said...

I've been forewarned by others, so I've avoided putting Naomi down in just a diaper. Thanks for the reminder! :) Happy Mother's Day!

Hooked on the Howards said...

Ok, now I will try to remember this. I never would have thought that just a diaper was a bad thing.

Kris10 said...

I also learned this same valuable lesson with my daughter. It was on the walls, crib....everywhere. Yuck!

The Roberts' said...

Gross! Elliot can't get his cloth ones off so we haven't experienced that, but he did poop on the floor right before bathtime then stepped in it & walked across the room, leaving a poop trail. Poop is nasty!

Lindsay said...

So gross!! Hudson did this in his crib in April but only peed. At least it was his pack n play and not crib! You only make this mistake once!! So glad Matt was there to help!

The Fants said...

Oh my gosh!! Yikes!!! He just wanted to give your a mother's day you'll always rememebr ;)

Audrey & Randon said...

I learned this lesson from an experience I had with Terryl in his carseat!!!! I make sure he at least has shorts on in the car! not fun......... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Word. I put my son down for naps with just a t-shirt and diaper pretty often. Won't do that anymore! Glad your husband helped clean up the mess!

The Days said...

I just about died when I saw this... hilarious!!!